- The Commission is setting up ICT standardisation priorities for the Digital Single Market.
- The results of today’s plan will ensure that European standards are in place quickly enough to allow future devices to connect smoothly across the Digital Single Market.
- Thefore the European Commission is launching an communication on standards , which nurtures the Digitising European Industry strategy .
- The EU’s role is to ensure that the Digital Single Market offers the right standardisation infrastructure for innovations to scale up, but also to ensure that the European approach is represented in global standardisation discussions.
- The Commission’s will firstly better connect ongoing and planned R&D in the priority domains to more traditional standardisation processes, and to highlight areas where already programmed spending can benefit the streamlining of standard setting.
Read the full article, click here.
@DSMeu: “5 #standardsEU priority areas to make the most of digitised industry #DigitiseEU #5G #IoT”
The Commission is setting up ICT standardisation priorities for the Digital Single Market. The initiave aims at re-energising the standard-setting system in Europe as a step towards industrial global leadership and digital innovation.