8 Ways the ‘Internet of Things’ Will Impact Your Everyday Life
- Some of the largest tech behemoths have recently joined together to make the Internet of Things a closer reality in all of our homes, cars and lives.
- Related: The Wackiest Gadgets and Other Tech at CES
Here are the changes coming to our everyday lives — some obvious, other perhaps less obvious — that I am most excited about in the Internet of Things:
Tuning your car: As more machines speak to each other and systems integrate, you will no longer miss an oil change.
- The budding number of sensors will detect and act on environmental and other contextual factors, such as weather; will be aware of who and how many people are around in its vicinity to change levels of input and output; and adjust to save resources and improve safety.
- With the growing number of connected things in our lives, we will all become more in tune with our own data (a la Nike Fuelband) and start to expect more personal interactions with brands and retailers.
- Smartphones will become not only everyone’s portal into the Internet of Things ecosystem (look no further than smartphone-controlled light bulbs), but a complete remote control to your life (if it isn’t already).
From scheduling oil changes to monitoring you baby’s health, new sensors will make your life easier to track in the next few years.
@MASERGY: 8 ways the ‘internet of things’ will impact your everyday life! #IoT #Tech