Five Ways IoT is Driving Digital Transformation
- The success of IoT, or the Internet of Things, began with personal devices.
- Smart devices—not just telephones—make businesses more adaptable and create an easier transition for businesses already embracing the digital revolution.
- Consider these five ways the IoT is driving digital transformation: – – Consider how products like wearable health trackers could transform company culture and increase engagement.
- Experts anticipate 20.8 billion IoT devices by this time, which will impact every aspect of our lives, including both personal and business pursuits.
- For businesses that have been on the fence about fully embracing the digital transformation, see how you can start with the devices employees already have in their pockets.
IoT is at the heart of digital transformation. Here are five ways IoT is driving digital transformation.
@Ronald_vanLoon: Five Ways IoT is Driving Digital Transformation | #DigitalTransformation #IoT #RT
The success of IoT, or the Internet of Things, began with personal devices. But to pigeonhole phones, tablets, and watches is to lose out on the power they can bring to your business. As your company’s digital landscape expands, consider how much IoT matters—and what it can bring to the table.
In June, I wrote about how we should think beyond smart phones regarding the IoT. Smart devices—not just telephones—make businesses more adaptable and create an easier transition for businesses already embracing the digital revolution.
Internet of Things was coined to describe the evolution of electronics that send and receive data amongst devices. That seems pretty broad, but IoT is special because it doesn’t require any human-to-computer action in order to function. The device gathers its information independently and from there can cause another linked device to take action. A smart watch, for example, could remotely start your coffee pot in the morning when it detects your movement and change in heart rate.
A smart watch can start your coffee pot, but what can it do for your business? A lot, it seems. Consider these five ways the IoT is driving digital transformation:
IoT gathers massive amount of data. This data is being used to shape business strategies across all industries. Using reporting tools, these gadgets build patterns and statistics for just about everything. Some of this information is unlike anything we’ve seen before, and it gives entirely new insight into customers’…