Daily chart: How deplorable are Trump supporters?
- It was a small stumble the dizzy spell Mrs Clinton suffered looks like a giant gift to Donald Trump
- Mrs Clinton accused Trumpistas of far more prejudices than racism alone.
- And at a lower threshold of offensiveness-merely distasteful rather than outright deplorable, say-91% of Mr Trump’s voters scored above the national average.
- Seeking to defuse the firestorm, Mrs Clinton apologised the next day-though only for having assigned a number, 50%, to the share of Mr Trump’s voters she believes are beyond salvage.
- Voters in Iowa are leaning towards Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton’s hasty calculation may not have been so terrible after all
@TheEconomist: How deplorable are Trump supporters?
Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 84000550069285883-103067919345517433