How the Internet of Things Inspired a New Startup Niche
- The Internet of Things has hugely expanded the number of home security products on the market.
- Silicon Valley and a plethora of tech startups have identified opportunities to expand their technology and applications to the home security market.
- Homeowners are investing in home security solutions in an a la carte manner—an alarm system from this company, a camera setup from another company, a garage door app from a third company, and so on.
- Point solutions are both an outcome and an instigator of the rise of home security startups.
- That’s opened up an opportunity for startups to create applications that integrate various smart home solutions for greater security and user-friendliness.
Is the next startup gold-rush in IoT home security?
@MASERGY: How the ‘internet of things’ inspired a new startup niche! #IoT #Security