How To Build A Cybersecurity Strategy For 2017
- Traditional cybersecurity approaches revolved around the medieval concept of “protecting the crown jewels” – a concentric circle view of layered security focused on protecting the important data at the center through successive layers of defenses such as application, host-based, network (internal and external perimeter) and physical controls.
- Companies have the most control over devices that they purchase, configure and issue to users.
- But as consumer-driven technology drives new devices and systems, organizations are losing control over devices their users and network interacts with.
- More often than not, companies fail at deploying traditional security controls to “nodes” connecting to their network.
- Context helps a company understand what a device is, whether it can be trusted, and how the network can interact with it.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, the mindful decentralization of your organization’s security controls becomes an asset. This allows for a more customized approach to security in the face of new technologies and more vectors over which you have less control.
@SpirosMargaris: How To Build A #Cybersecurity Strategy For 2017
#IoT #fintech #insurtech #IoT
Quote of the Day
It’s better to make mistakes while trying something new than not try anything at all.