Ex-Trump executive: I knew he was ill for last 35 years
- Being the team who was charged with building Trump Tower, we all knew Donald Trump very well, especially myself.
- NYC Crime Bronx Brooklyn Manhattan Queens Education Weather Obituaries Sports Yankees Mets Giants Jets Knicks Nets Rangers Islanders Football Basketball Baseball Hockey Soccer College The Score More Sports News Crime U.S. World Politics Entertainment Gossip Movies TV Music Theater & Arts Crosswords Entertainment Pics Horoscopes Daily Weekly Monthly Lifestyle Health Food Viva Opinion Autos Buyer’s Guide Ratings & Reviews News & Views Photos & Galleries Covers Classifieds Trending: TRAVEL BAN STEPHEN BANNON DONALD TRUMP FIRST 100 DAYS OSCARS SEAN SPICER
- Ex-Trump executive: I knew he was ill for last 35 years
- President Donald Trump speaks by phone with Russia’s President Vladimir Putin in the Oval Office.
- Get the latest breaking news, entertainment, sports and more.
Barbara A. Res believes Donald Trump’s been sick for years.
@KeithOlbermann: I walked away from interviewing him for CNN Sports in 1984 asking my producer “what the eff is wrong with THIS guy?”
After reading Gersh Kuntzman’s column about President Trump exhibiting signs of mental illness, former Trump construction manager Barbara Res emailed the following letter to the Daily News:
This is really ironic. Many years ago, I am going to say some time in 1982, The New York Times published a piece on narcissism. One member of our crew read the Times every day on the way to work and brought the article into the office.
Being the team who was charged with building Trump Tower, we all knew Donald Trump very well, especially myself. To a person, we all agreed that the characteristics outlined in the article fit Donald to a “T.” Now, 35 years later, professionals are saying what we knew back then. Only now he is so much worse.
President Trump exhibits classic signs of mental illness: shrinks
It is gratifying to see a confirmation of our speculations. I pray America survives his presidency, for however long it lasts.
Barbara A. Res is a former executive vice president of the Trump Organization, author of “All Alone on the 68th Floor: How One Woman Changed the Face of Construction” and Daily News contributor.