Daily chart: High-seas piracy hits a two-decade low
- The waters along the coast of Somalia, once a piracy hotspot, have seen a dramatic decline in attacks since 2011.
- Review our cookies policy for more details and to change your cookie preference.
- Piracy off Nigeria’s coast, meanwhile, has increased.
- For years, the UN’s International Maritime Organisation discouraged boat owners from arming their crews.
- Daily chart: Who voters supported in the last American election compared with this one
Better policing and tighter security are making the high seas safer
@TheEconomist: Indonesia’s waters remained the most pirate-infested in the world
Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 442000120402311579-250896415909871813