New ESP32 Development Board
- There seems to be no Espressif logo on the board on the top side.
- Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.
- So it might be that the board is not a production run one – more like a hand-assembled one for initial evaluation.
- The ESP31b had a similar development board out, in a similar form factor and specifications.
- Post was not sent – check your email addresses!
New ESP32 Development Board! This new ESP32 development board comes with standard DIP breadboard friendly header and microUSB, powered by ESP-WROOM-32.
@ESP32net: Observations on Espressif’s compact development board for the ESP-WROOM-32 module:
Well, this is not much of a surprise. This new ESP32 development board comes with standard DIP size, breadboard friendly header for easy prototyping. The ESP31b had a similar development board out, in a similar form factor and specifications.
This ESP32 development board seems to have the ESP-WROOM-32 module, just like the ESP32 demo board. There is a slight difference in the USB-to-UART bridge part. This chip used here is the CP210x, not the FT232. Not that it makes much of a difference. We wonder if this ESP-WROOM-32 version supports JTAG debugging? Certainly no mention of that on the header pins.
Apart from this, a closer inspection reveals some serious amount of flux residue on the solder joints. The header will be hand soldered, that is expected. But here the ESP32 module itself seems hand soldered. So it might be that the board is not a production run one – more like a hand-assembled one for initial evaluation.
Which points to the fact that it will take a while before we see ESP32 hit the market and be readily available for purchase.
As always, scroll down to the bottom of this page and SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest news on ESP32!