Trump’s Father Helped GOP Candidate With Numerous Loans
- Trump’s Father Helped GOP Candidate With Numerous Loans
- Ted Cruz Endorses Donald Trump
- Donald Trump Expands ‘Short List’ of Potential High Court Picks
- Donald Trump often has said on the campaign trail that his business empire grew out of a single $1 million loan from his father.
- As Election Day Nears, Republicans Come Around to Trump
Although the GOP candidate says he built his empire from a $1 million loan from his father, a new document shows frequent borrowing from Fred Trump and his companies.
@ggreenwald: Trump often says his dad “only” gave him $1 million as a “loan”, but it was actually $14 million #Meritocracy
While that is a literal description of how he started in business, the story omits significant additional loans and gifts Mr. Trump received in the early years when he was building his real-estate empire, some of which are described in a document reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.