Windows PC Lock/Unlock Using RFID
- In this project I’ll be explaining how to make a simple RFID system that can lock/unlock your windows computer with just a flick of an RFID card/tag.
- This is a basic code for typing passwords in your computer using RFID tags.
- Always use headers to connect the arduino and the RFID module, otherwise prolonged exposure to heat while soldering may damage these boards permanently.
- Solder all the connections as shown in the circuit diagram and connect the arduino and RFID module to the PCB board.
- I’ve connected the RFID module horizontally to the PCB board using a right angled female header for my convenience of making a case for it.
No more hassles of unlocking your computer. Unlock your Windows PC with just a flick of an RFID card/tag. .
@arduino: Unlock your Windows PC with just a tap of an RFID card:
How often have you felt tired of typing in the password to unlock your PC/laptop every time it got locked? I’m used to locking it down quite a number of times, everyday, and nothing is more annoying than typing the password/pin over and over again, every-time I want to unlock it. When the need for something becomes essential, you are forced to find ways of getting it. As the saying goes, “necessity is the mother of invention”, the lazy mind in me started to think of an easy and a cheap way to unlock my personal Computer/Laptop every time I had to lock it. As I went through my stuff I found a RC522 RFID module. That’s when I decided to make an RFID system.
RFID: Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is one of the oldest wireless technology. RFID chips are used to store information digitally, which can then be shared between objects through electromagnetic fields and radio waves. It may not be super-advanced, but many makers see real potential in the technology, no matter how old.
In this project I’ll be explaining how to make a simple RFID system that can lock/unlock your windows computer with just a flick of an RFID card/tag. With this system in place no more hassles of unlocking your Laptop/PC every-time you lock it down.
The heart of this project is the Arduino Pro Micro (or you can use Arduino Leonardo) with the ATmega32U4 chip….