What Is Digital Twin Technology
- Quite simply, a digital twin is a virtual model of a process, product or service.
- This pairing of the virtual and physical worlds allows analysis of data and monitoring of systems to head off problems before they even occur, prevent downtime, develop new opportunities and even plan for the future by using simulations.
- Thomas Kaiser, SAP Senior Vice President of IoT, put it this way: “Digital twins are becoming a business imperative, covering the entire lifecycle of an asset or process and forming the foundation for connected products and services.
- Think of a digital twin as a bridge between the physical and digital world.
- NASA was the first to dabble with pairing technology — the precursor to today’s digital twin — as far back as the early days of space exploration.
Digital Twin Technology was named one of Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017, but what really is it and how can companies leverage digital twins to gain new insights and boost their performance?
@TamaraMcCleary: What Is Digital Twin #Technology – And Why Is It So Important? by @BernardMarr #IoT
CLOSE More Options